Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday, Green Light

On Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) my follicles were 16mm, 16mm, and 10mm.  My E2 number was 425.  According to some research, E2 numbers should be at 150-200 per follicle in order to indicate a mature egg.  I was told to continue medications as usual and return at 8am on Friday morning for further monitoring.  Every day I hold my breath and hope my cycle doesn't get cancelled.

This morning, Black Friday, I got my good news.  In just 24 hours, my two larger follicles grew from 16mm to 20mm. Typical growth is from 1 to 3mm per day, so my eggs must be over-achievers (that or they just feel bad for my pin cushion stomach and decided to save me a few more days of injections).  The technician didn't even measure the other smaller follicle.  I was told to wait for the nurse, who would be providing me with information on administering my HCG trigger shot this evening.  As of now, I will go in for my egg retrieval Sunday morning.  My follicle numbers seem very low and I am happy that I will be allowed to continue with the cycle.  I am concerned that I have had some fluid in my uterus which may impact implantation (if any eggs reach that point).  I have been told not to worry.  These lovely ladies at Shady Grove Fertility Center obviously don't know me. 

Right now is the calm before the storm.  I am not worried about the trigger shot or the retrieval.  I am bummed I will miss my nephew's birthday party, but we have waited so long for this moment, I would miss anything to have this opportunity.  I don't feel anxious or sad or nervous.  At this point, I can't do anything else except wait and hope for good results.  It is so relieving to finally be at this point.  It feels good to breathe.  It feels good to relax. I might even take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment