Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What an interesting carton of eggs

First, I had 8 glorious eggs.  Then, only six where mature.  Of the six, only one fertilized and started growing. The next day, the two immature eggs matured.  Now, the immature eggs are the ones that are growing while the original fertilized egg is no longer growing.  The whole thing really is quite comical.

I will find out tomorrow if any of three are still growing, and if they are, we will transfer them back on Friday.

My husband has a saying that I hate-he says, "it is what it is."  I always thought it was a saying that was meant to make a person seem cavalier and casual while hiding a deeper level of angst or disappointment.  However, now I can just say, "it is what it is."  This whole experience has certainly taught me to let go and go with the flow. I have done the research, read the blogs, done the math, and banked on the odds.  None of it fits my experiences.  As it turns out, I am my own experience-unique and different from everyone else's.  I can't say it will end in a baby-but it sure has been interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment