Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Two Week Wait

Okay, so I am now in the two week wait.  I had my IVF egg transfer last friday.  It is now Tuesday.  I was on bedrest Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Monday I went back to work and started walking again, but tried to take it easy otherwise.  I have been drinking gallons of water and eating all the foods women are supposed to eat in early pregnancy and to encourage implantation-pineapple, walnuts, seasame seeds, pumpkin seeds, eggs, milk, dark leafy greens, lots of fruit....you get the drift.  I have focused on breathing and stretching, visualization, and keeping my midsection warm.

Today had an acupuncturist appointment.  He said my pulses felt "perky". My pulses were calm and "great."  He spent a lot more time feeling my pulses today, switching from side to side. Asking things like, "When is your appointment? Early next week?  No? Late next week? Hmmmm....."  He said something seems to be cooking that is different than usual and we will have to see how it all turns out.  Then, in a whispered voice, he said something I couldn't hear and then, "...reminds me of my daughter in law who has twins.  They are great now, of course, but whew......"  And then he felt my pulse one more time, almost like he was checking.  EXCUSE ME?  Can an acupuncturist actually tell if someone pregnant with twins just by feeling a pulse?  I couldn't tell if he was referring to the possibility because he knew we had two embryos transferred or if he was making a statement about something he felt. I also don't know if he can accurately access my pulses about pregnancy when I am taking medication (estrogen and progesterone) that fools the body to thinking it is pregnant.

At this point, I am hoping for one healthy baby.  No more miscarriages-no more whammies.

No comments:

Post a Comment