Saturday, January 28, 2012

My two "immature eggs" made it to transfer

On Friday we had our "day four" egg transfer.  However, the eggs were really only at day three because the eggs were immature at retrieval and weren't fertilized until a day later.  By transfer day, the doctor said the embryos looked exactly as she would hope.  One was a seven cell embryo and the other was an eight cell embryo.  The third embryo, the one that was originally mature and fertilized on time, didn't make it.  Assisted hatching was completed before the embryos were transferred back.  Now we wait to see if one or both of the little guys are going to decide to stick around.  Please pray for us!

As an aside, just about an hour before our transfer we found out that yet another one of my husband's friends are pregnant again.  I struggled to shake it off before the transfer. I have read so much about emotions and mindset as it relates to the functioning of the body and I didn't want the "no baby" funk to poison my chance at having this round of IVF work. 

My husband and I agreed that we would only do this twice, and yet, as I lay around on bed rest, I can't help but think about whether I would try one more time if this one doesn't work.  I hate the process, but I can't stand to see the sadness in my husband's eyes.  I would take shots every day for the rest of my life if it meant that sadness stayed away.  He is every dream of mine answered in the flesh.  I would do anything for him...and yet, I know he wouldn't want me to do this again because as much as I hate to see him sad, he hates to see me go through this.  We are so lucky to have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment