Monday, December 12, 2011

PREGNANT!

Well, after a week of torture of NOT testing, I broke down on Friday, which would be 9 days past my 3 day transfer.  I took a First Response Early Pregnancy test (the one that says '6 days sooner') in the middle of the night and it looked negative.  I went back to bed and cried myself to sleep.  The next morning, the test registered a very faint positive line.  I wasn't sure if it was an evaporation line so I took one Saturday afternoon and the faint positive line came up within five minutes, but it was still very faint and I again questioned whether it was an evaporation line.  Sunday morning and Monday morning, I repeated the process and each day the results came up sooner, but the line remained very faint.  Out of desperation, I had my husband pee on a stick from the same box of tests I had used to see if I got an evaporation line with his urine.  As it turns out, my husband is not pregnant and there was no evaporation line. 

Today I was feeling a little nutty about the whole thing and after reading some message boards where other ladies had suggested using a digital brand of HPT to test to eliminate the possibility of an evaporation line, I purchased an EPT digital test (the one that says you can test 5 days sooner).  I took the test in the middle of the day on what is now my 12th day past my 3 day transfer (or 15 days past retrieval or 15 days past "ovulation"). Well, it takes FOREVER for the little hourglass symbol to disappear and the results to show up, but this was the best looking pregnancy test I have ever seen! 

I have tried all week to be "very flaky" as my acupuncturist suggested. I took 2 days of strict bedrest, one day of almost complete bedrest, and then I took it very easy for the rest of the week.  I laid on the coach, read books, wrapped Christmas presents, and bypassed cleaning and all things stressful.  Several times each day I focused on my breathing, did positive visualization, and even a little yoga.  I have been exhausted every day and I have gone to bed at about 8pm each night and taken naps during the day. I have been extremely careful about my diet and stress level.  Today, I am so thankful that I did all of those things-and I am so thankful for those two little embryos that could.  I know I have a long road ahead.  I have lost pregnancies at 5 and 9 weeks and so I continue to have some anxiety.  My first Beta blood pregnancy test is Wednesday (14 days past 3 day transfer), and I a hoping for continued good news.  For today,  I will celebrate that we have made it this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment