Thursday, November 3, 2011

Almost There

It is hard to believe that I have been on the birth control pills for two weeks already.  Just one more week and I start the dreaded five shots a day. I am looking forward to the shots just so I can get off the pill.  I am watching myself bloat up like a balloon, despite the fact that I have been SO CAREFUL about my diet and water intake. I have had heavy breakthrough bleeding and clotting for a week, headaches daily for months (due to all the IUI hormones and now BCP hormones), and my blood boils at the slightest little thing.  I am aware of my irritation and it takes a lot of energy to keep my emotions in check, especially at work, which leaves me exhausted by the end of the night.  I would like to apologize in advance to anyone I may snap at in the next few weeks.  I wish my body handled hormones better, but my poor interactions with birth control date back to my very first experiences as a teenager.  The good news is that I know that I am only trying IVF two, maybe three, times and so all these side effects are time limited in the grand sceme of things.

We have a friend who's wife did IVF and they recently had twin girls very prematurely.  I have been watching the pictures on Facebook every day as they get bigger and healthier.  Yesterday, their feeding tubes were removed for the first time.  I think they are a little over a month old. They are still in the hospital, which would make me so sad, but they look healthy and beautiful.  It gives me some peace to see that they were so little and they are doing so well now.  One of my biggest fears about IVF is the possibility of twins.  All of my children were born close to 4 weeks early as singletons and so I am terrified what that would mean for the health of twins....plus, it's twins, YIKES!  Of course, at this point, we would feel so blessed with whatever gifts God gave us.

I am sure this next week will fly by.  This time next week I will be at my monitoring appointment, hopefully getting ready to get this whole thing rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment